LADOL was the only Terminal in the Lagos Maritime Zone that was recognized for their achievement and support to the Port Facility Security Officers Forum of Nigeria (PFSOFON) at the just concluded conference. The theme of the conference ISPS Code Implementation in Nigeria: a catalyst for ease of doing business in the Ports.
The communique as resolved.
- The house agreed to convene a one day National Maritime Security Retreat/Conference for all Managing Directors/CEOs/Head of Government Agencies in the Maritime Industry through NIMASA.
- Urgent need for all security agencies responsible for patrolling our waterways to converge into one body for the drafting and adoption of a national Maritime Security Strategy Policy (NMSSP)
- There is need for the establishment of a national Maritime Security Fund to support the funding of Maritime Security (DA & Stake Holders)
- There is need for creation of Data base/Intelligence Network within the maritime domain
- The importance of infrastructure and architectures for the Maritime Security such as baggage scanners, body scanners, bomb detectors, surveillance equipment, etc. cannot be over emphasized
- The registration and colour coding of all fishing and passenger boats plying our water ways and enforcement of Boat regulation at night (NIWA)
- Regular removal of ship wrecks from our water ways to enhance security such as obtainable in the various ports in Nigeria by NIMASA